To improve usability, do the following:
- Change tab names to “General Information”, “Elements”
- Add help texts after labels on blueprint details and element details:
- Name = “Name is shown in blueprint overview, workflow overview and on task detail pages.”
- Active (change to status) = “If set to active the blueprint can be used by other users, according to Privacy setting”
- Blueprint’s privacy (change to Visibilty) = “Sets whether only you, only members of you organisation or all CloneDesk users can use this blueprint”
also change order to: Private (=default), Organisation, Public
- Channels = “Channels define which users can use the blueprint and make it easier to find.”
- Projects =”Projects define in which of your projects the blueprint can be used.”
- Description = “The description tells users what the blueprint is for”
- Assigned Organisation = “If you set the blueprint’s privacy to private or organisation, and you are member of more than one organisation, you can set which organisations can use this blueprint.”
- Owner = “The owner can delete and edit the blueprint. Keep in mind that changing the user, might prevent you from editing the blueprint.”
Blueprint element details:
- Blueprint Element Name = “The name is the first thing users see. It helps to understand what shall be done. At best use “Verb + Noun”. Example: Repair the engine”
- Blueprint Connections (rename to Blueprint Element’s Connections) = “The connections show other elements within this blueprint. There are three types of connections:
1. none: Between this and the other element is no connection.
2. required: The other element has to be completed before the current element starts. Also required elements provide informations from workflow and project fields.
3. follow up: The other element will start after the current element is completed.
- Blueprint Element “Skip” Conditions (add into same area as element connection table and add this smaller label above): Set which conditions in fields from previous elements must be met to skip this element. (try to make this section look like the other sections. currently, there is a headline, but above all other elements there is no headline)
- Blueprint Element Description: “The description is the manual users see to work on this task.”
- Available Shortcodes (please add this label above fields from other tasks): Use shortcodes in the description to show information from previous (required) elements. You can use conditional logic like this: [[if TAG=OPTION]]text to display[[/if]]
- Blueprint Element Fields (please add this label, and please put the table in the same container as the buttons): “Use workflow fields to add checklists and gather information only for one turn of the blueprint. Use project fields to save information in the project that can be used over and over again.”
- Task assignee = “Choose who the task will be assigned to:
1. Project owner: The task will be assigned to the project owner.
2. Blueprint starter: The task will be assigned to the user who starts the blueprint.
3. Worker: CloneDesk assigns the task to a user based on users’ channel settings, users’ workload and if the user has other tasks in the workflow.
- Element duration (rename to Task duration) = “Enter an estimate, so users know approximately how long this task should take. If you leave the field empty CloneDesk will estimate the duration based on the same completed tasks. “
- Channel (rename to “Blueprint Element Channels”): Channels provide the ability to group similar tasks in the sidebar and thus make work more efficient. Also they help to automatically assign the task to the right user.
Leave A Comment